Kelly Services, founded by William R. Kelly in 1946, is an international workforce solutions provider for customers in a variety of industries in 40 countries. Kelly Services specializes in Recruitment Projects within Finance and Accounting, Multi-Lingual, HR, Sales and Marketing, IT, Engineering. In addition, Kelly also offers an array of Consulting and Outsourcing services
For one of our client, we are currently looking for Candidates for the role of:
Position: Financial Reporting Specialist
Location: Krakow / Gdansk / remotely
Duration: 6 months contract
You will be responsible for preparing and reviewing of all components of interim and annual financial statements for a number of investment funds operating in the UK.
You may organize and coordinate work of Financial Reporting Accountants, in all aspects of the Financial Statements preparation process. You will be required to provide guidance to less experienced members of staff, taking responsibility for the quality of the work delivered to the client and auditors.
- Prepare and/or review first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Notes to financial statements, in line with applicable reporting standards
- Prepare and review reporting templates for annual and interim cycles
- Take ownership for Clients assigned to you by your Team Leader
- Be a first point of contact for technical and Financial Reporting queries from Financial Reporting Accountants,
- Work to tight deadlines in order to finalize client deliverables
- Act as an immediate point of contact to internal clients on specialized audits or reviews
- Provide assistance and support during financial statements audits and internal control reviews
- Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all issues identified within a trial balance
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve / escalate queries and problems within agreed deadlines
- Be up to date with accounting standards (UK SORP)
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them
- Constantly improve knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and the investment funds sector
- Participate in projects impacting the wider group where possible
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
- Relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred).
- More than 1 year experience in financial services or a similar environment
- Industry Knowledge
- General knowledge of financial services industry. Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes would be advantageous
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- 6 months contract
- Possibility to work in a professional and open company's culture
- Possibility to develop your professional skills in multinational company
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV via APPLY button.
Please be informed that we will contact only with selected candidates.
When applying please enclose the below statement: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2017 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)".
Zawiadomienie dotyczące prywatności
W związku z rekrutacją na to stanowisko, Kelly Services działa w charakterze Podmiotu Zatrudniającego (Employment Business). W razie podjęcia decyzji o złożeniu aplikacji, Twoje dane będą przetwarzane zgodnie z Polityką Prywatności obowiązującą w Kelly Services.
Jako pracodawca stosujący zasadę równych szans, z zaangażowaniem wspieramy aplikacje złożone przez wszystkie osoby posiadające stosowne kwalifikacje, bez względu na rasę, płeć, stopień niepełnosprawności, wyznanie/ przekonania, orientację seksualną lub wiek.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.